The news that I hear

Saturday, May 13, 2006

How to survive the Quota system?

Way back in the early 90's when I was a college student and Mandal had reared its ugly head, there were no protests in Chennai. Chennai students are a highly disciplined lot. They accept everything that is imposed on them, like the recent dress code issue. All south Indian students are law abiding folks. I accepted my fate that 69% reservation was a part of my life. Silently with a lot of anger raging inside. But I heard of a solution one day. If I was adopted by a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or an OBC family, then I could get the much coveted SC or ST or OBC certificate and then life would be an easy cake walk. But I did not choose to do that. After all I am a law abiding South Indian.

NDTV has a news article (http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory.asp?category=National&slug=Touts+furnish+OBC+certificates+&id=87922) on how easy it is to secure such a certificate today. You do not need to be adopted by an SC ot ST or OBC or whatever C. All you need to pay is a paltry 600 Rs. for a certificate of caste from the Tasildar's office in Amritsar. This must be true for other parts of India also. This is a good business. Many touts and government officials are going to make a good lot of money. Many families are going to prosper in India. Besides the government officials who make money, the new class of SC, ST's and all other C's will also stand to progress. Wow, what a glorious country I forsee in the future. Arjun Singh and his gang will get the desired votes and the rest of the country will flourish too. All you Medical Students out there protesting against reservation, give up your protests. There seems to be ways in which you can get through all this Quota stuff.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Marco AurĂ©lio said…

    What are fractals? Do you know? where can I find pictures of fractals that occur in nature?
    Can you understand portuguese?

    See you later!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger The news that I hear said…

    Sorry Marco - neither do I know Portugese, nor do I know anything about fractals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home